Expanding Your Giving Circle
Reach people you’ve never met!
Have everyone you email forward your donation request to their friends and family. Use social media like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to share your hair colouring transformation and encourage others to support you. Have family and friends distribute donation forms for you and talk to their contacts about supporting your Colour Your Hair challenge!
Download Donation Form
Use Facebook to Fundraise for Colour To Conquer
Facebook Fundraising: Things You Need To Know
Facebook Fundraising: Things You Need To Know You may have heard the recent news that Facebook has now enabled fundraising tools across Canada. Facebook Fundraisers are a valuable tool to help you utilize the platform to fundraise from friends and family for your Colour To Conquer Campaign.
However, Facebook Fundraisers do not automatically integrate with your Colour To Conquer fundraising Account. So before you get started, here are a few guidelines to be sure you set-up your Facebook Fundraiser in a way that is able to be tracked and credited to your Colour To Conquer Fundraising efforts.
How To Set Up Your Fundraiser
- Get started by selecting Fundraisers on your Facebook navigation menu. This will be found on the left side of your browser for desktop devices and in the drop-down menu on Facebook mobile applications.
- From the Fundraisers screen, you will select the Raise Money button, then be prompted to set-up your fundraiser. Please be sure to follow the next steps to ensure your fundraiser can be recognized by Colour To Conquer and properly credited to your Colour To Conquer Fundraising Account.
- From the "Who are you raising money for?" menu, select Nonprofit and search for The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation
- Upon selecting The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation, you will be prompted to enter a dollar amount and end date for your fundraiser.
- On the next menu screen, update the title of your fundraiser to include your first and last name, and title it Colour To Conquer. This is the only way we will be able to identify your fundraiser and your Colour To Conquer information with your Facebook Fundraiser.
- Once you have completed this entry, continue on and create your fundraiser on the next menu screen.
Please keep in mind that funds raised through Facebook Fundraising will take up to 60 days to be credited to your Colour To Conquer Fundraising Account. This means that funds raised through Facebook Fundraisers cannot be used for time-sensitive fundraising challenges. Further, if you do not include all relevant info in the name of your Facebook Fundraiser as outlined above, we cannot guarantee that funds raised will be allocated towards your event fundraising account.
As always, should you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here to help.