These are the contest rules for the Colour To Conquer Fundraising Incentive Contest.
(the “Official Rules”)
THE INCENTIVE CONTEST
These Official Rules govern the Contest. By participating or attempting to participate in the Contest, you will be deemed to have received, understood, and agreed to these Official Rules.
1. WHO ARE THE SPONSORS?
The Contest is sponsored and administered by The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation (PMCF) on behalf of Colour To Conquer.
PMCF and any co-sponsors of the Contest are referred to collectively or individually as the “Sponsors”.
Although the Contest may be communicated, promoted, or administered by means of a third party social media or social networking service or site (a “Third Party Service”), the Contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any Third Party Service; any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest should be directed to PMCF and not to any Third Party Service.
2. WHO MAY ENTER THE CONTEST?
The Contest is open only to residents of Canada (excluding the province of Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence as of the date of entry. (Children under the age of majority who registered to participate in the fundraising program with written permission from a parent or guardian may be included in the contest.)
The following individuals are not eligible to enter the Contest:
• employees, officers, directors, agents, and representatives of: (i) the Sponsors, or any of their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliates; (ii) any prize suppliers;
• a household member of any of the individuals listed in (a), above, whether or not related;
• members of the immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling) of the individuals listed in (a), above.
3. WHEN DOES THE CONTEST START/END?
You may enter the Contest between 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on May 1, 2019 and 11:59 p.m. ET on May 31, 2019 (the “Contest Period”). The Contest Period is comprised of one (1) month long entry period (each, a “Monthly Entry Period”), as follows:
||(at 12:01 a.m. ET)
||(at 11:59 p.m. ET)
||(for entries received during the applicable
Month Long Entry Period)
||May 1, 2019
||May 31, 2019
||June 14, 2019
4. HOW DO I ENTER THE CONTEST?
No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. There are two (2) methods of entry applicable to this Contest, as follows:
• Entry By Fundraising
Each registered fundraising participant that raises funds in support of the program, will earn ballots (chances to win) relative to the amount of funds they have raised by the end of the contest period (May 31, 2019). Ballots will be awarded to fundraising participants as follows:
$100 raised = 10 Chances to win
$200 raised = 25 Chances to win
$300 raised = 45 Chances to win
$400 raised = 65 Chances to win
$500 raised = 90 Chances to win
* The maximum number of chances a participant has to win is capped at 90*
• Entry By Mail
To enter the Contest, send a hand-written letter, describing how you participated in Colour To Conquer month (May 2019), along with a self-addressed, stamped return envelope to; Colour To Conquer Incentives, C/O Colour To Conquer, The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation, 610 University Avenue, Toronto, ON M5G 2M9. Your letter must be received no later than Monday, June, 10, 2019. Your letter must also include your name, day and evening telephone numbers, email address, and age, and including an original photograph that is inspired by the theme of the applicable Month Long Entry Period. Your submission should also include the name, day and evening telephone numbers, email address, and age of any subject person if the photo is of
more than one person. The theme of the Month Long Entry Period has been identified by the Sponsors via promotional materials as “Colour To Conquer” where people add colour to their hair during the month of May. Each individual and unique submission following the above rules will be allocated one (1) ballot in consideration of the incentives.
5. HOW MANY TIMES MAY I ENTER THE CONTEST?
Registered fundraising participants will automatically be entered into the contest subject to their total fundraising dollars within the contest period. Entrants by mail must submit one (1) individual and unique submission per one (1) ballot provided in consideration of the incentives.
6. COULD MY ENTRY BE REFUSED OR REJECTED?
Your entry could be refused or rejected if:
• you attempt to enter the Contest in a fashion not authorized by these Official Rules;
• your entry contains false or misleading information, or is late, falsified, illegible, damaged or incomplete or otherwise irregular;
• your entry is submitted using robotic, automated, programmed, or other illicit means; or
• your entry is not in compliance with these Official Rules.
In addition, the Sponsors reserve the right to refuse any entry for any other reason as they may determine.
7. WHAT ARE THE CONDITIONS OF ENTRY?
By entering the Contest:
• you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsors, which decisions are final, binding and conclusive;
• you represent and warrant that (i) your entry, including any material comprising your entry (e.g. name, user name, profile picture, etc., as applicable) and any material submitted with your entry (e.g. photograph, written submission, or other form of submission, as applicable) (all such material, collectively, the “Entry Material”) is original to you, (ii) you have all necessary rights in and to your Entry Material to enter the Contest, including the consent of any third parties whose personal information is included in your Entry Material, and (iii) your
Entry Material does not contain, depict, include or involve content that is, or could reasonably be considered to be, inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, as determined by the Sponsors;
• you understand and agree that your entry, including your Entry Material, will not be returned to you and may be moderated or edited by PMCF as it deems appropriate;
• you grant to the Sponsors the irrevocable right to use your Entry Material in any media worldwide and for any purpose related to the Contest (or any similar contest), including the right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, or create derivative works from, your Entry Material without notification, compensation or additional consideration to you;
• you waive all claims of moral rights in any use of your Entry Material by PMCF pursuant to the rights granted in these Official Rules;
• you agree that the Sponsors shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity or eligibility to enter the Contest; failure to provide any such proof upon request may result in disqualification;
• you release and forever discharge the Sponsors, their respective parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries, any other companies associated with the Contest, prize supplier(s), and all of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, licensees, successors and assigns, as well as any Third Party Services, (collectively, the “Releasees”), and agree to indemnify and hold harmless each of the Releasees, from and against any and all claims, damages or liability, including any costs or losses related to personal injury, death, damage to or loss or destruction of property, arising out of, or in any way related to, (i) your participation in the Contest, (ii) the awarding, receipt, possession, use or misuse of any prize, in whole or in part, or any travel or activity related to any prize, (iii) the use of any Entry Material or Publicity Material (defined below) in accordance with the rights granted in these Official Rules, or (iv) any breach of these Official Rules.
8. WHAT ARE THE CONTEST PRIZES?
A total of five (5) incentive rewards will be given out as prizes, as follows:
MMVAs (Much Music Video Awards), Aug 25, 2 VIP tickets (1 award), 299 Queen St West
1 x 2019 iHeart Radio MMVA VIP ticket pack for two (2) people to attend the event in-person on August 25, 2019 in Toronto, ON – includes behind the scenes look the day before the event, including a tour of the backstage & production areas; walk the Red Carpet before the show starts; watch the show from a VIP area in the MMVA parking lot, and for guests over 19, opportunity to experience the event from inside at the Official VIP Party (no retail value)
iHeart Radio Jingle Ball, Dec 2019, 2 VIP tickets (1 award), Scotiabank Arena
1 x 2019 iHeart Radio Jingle Ball VIP ticket pack for two (2) people to attend the event in-person on a to-be-determined date in December 2019 in Toronto, ON – includes sound check from inside the venue before the show; one meet & greet opportunity with a Jingle Ball performer or guest, VIP seats at venue. (Approximate retail value of $100.00 per ticket)
Daytime Show Experience, 2019, 2 spots (1 award) , 299 Queen St West
1 x daytime show experience for two (2) people to attend a taping of the Marilyn Denis Show and The Social in Toronto, ON – includes tickets to the live tapings at Bell Media Studios 299 Queen St. West in downtown Toronto, two (2) gift bags, plus a meet and greet with the hosts of The Social following the taping. (No retail value)
SportsCentre Tour, 2019, 2 spots (1 award), 9 Channel Nine Court, Agincourt
1 x studio tour for two (2) people of TSN’s Studios including SportsCentre with Jay & Dan, 7- Eleven That’s Hockey, Studio 6 and the SportsCentre Desk and iconic newsroom – includes chance meet an TSN on-air personality and be given a crash-course on how to deliver the news – script writing, reading from a prompter, following along with a highlight pack, and developing their very own “send-off” line - tape a mock highlight pack with the SportsCentre lights up and camera’s on, receive a copy and get to keep their scripts, signed by the TSN talent who helped along the way. (No retail value)
Santa Claus Parade, 2019, Family VIP Experience, Toronto (1 award)
6 x VIP passes to the 115th Annual Original Santa Claus Parade in Toronto in November.
Celebrate the holiday season with your family & friends in a special reserved area that allows you a close up view of this historic parade. (No retail value)
The prizes do not include travel to and from the locations of the events, tapings, tours, etc. Each prize winner and permitted guest shall be separately and wholly responsible for any costs related to travel for prize redemption.
Each prize winner shall be required to sign and return Bell Media Inc.’s standard form of prize release prior to receiving a prize (within a time frame specified by Bell Media Inc.).
Bell Media Inc. is acting strictly as a media partner and prize supplier and is not a Sponsor. Bell Media Inc. is not responsible for the Contest, these Official Rules or any fundraising incentives.
Bell Media Inc. may substitute any prize, in whole or in part, with a prize of equal or greater value, in its sole discretion for any reason.
9. ARE THERE ANY PRIZE CONDITIONS?
In addition to any prize conditions provided elsewhere in these Official Rules, any prize awarded in the Contest is subject to the following conditions:
• The prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred, unless otherwise determined by the Sponsors. The prize is provided “as is” without representation or warranty of any kind by the Sponsors.
• The prize will not be replaced if lost, destroyed, mutilated or stolen.
10. HOW WILL THE POTENTIAL WINNER(S) BE SELECTED?
On June 14, 2019 the Processing Date identified in Section 3 of these Official Rules, above, all eligible entries earned or received during the applicable Month Long Entry Period will be processed. Processing includes the assignment of a number for every eligible ballot, and using an RNG (random number generator), five (5) numbers will be generated to award the incentive prizes in the order in which they were presented online at www.colourtoconquer.ca .
Within five (5) business days of the Processing Date, the following shall occur:
Each potential winner will be notified by the Sponsors using the information provided at the time of registration/mail entry. In the event any potential winner does not respond to such notification within three (3) business days, declines a prize for any reason, or does not meet the requirements set forth in these Official Rules, as determined by the Sponsors, the potential winner will be disqualified and, time permitting, an alternate potential winner may be selected based on the next-ranking eligible entry, or the prize may be cancelled.
11. HOW CAN A POTENTIAL WINNER BECOME A WINNER?
To be declared a winner, a potential winner:
• must correctly answer, without assistance, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by the Sponsors;
• must be in compliance with these Official Rules;
• must sign and return, within any designated time period, a release of liability and consent to publicity form and any other documentation as reasonably required;
• may be required to provide proof of identification to confirm eligibility or to claim a prize, or provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of any account associated with the selected entry.
12. WHAT ARE THE ODDS OF WINNING A PRIZE?
Odds of winning depend on the number of qualified fundraising participants and eligible entries received during the Month Long Entry Period.
13. HOW DO I CLAIM A PRIZE?
Once a potential winner is confirmed as a winner, prize distribution will be promptly coordinated.
Except as otherwise indicated by the Sponsors, a winner must personally take delivery of the prize as instructed within thirty (30) days of being notified that such prize is available or within such other time period as may reasonably be advised.
If a winner fails to take delivery of the prize as instructed, the prize will be deemed forfeited.
14. WILL I APPEAR IN ANY PUBLICITY IF I AM A WINNER?
If you are a winner, the Sponsors may require you to appear in publicity related to the Contest or to any similar contest.
By accepting a prize:
• you grant to the Sponsors the irrevocable right to record, photograph or otherwise capture or document you, your likeness, your voice, or any statements you make regarding the Contest or the prize, by any available means;
• you agree that any such captured material, together with your biographical information, such as name or place of residence, or your Entry Material (collectively, all such materials, the “Publicity Material”) may be used by the Sponsors or their licensees, successors, or assigns (collectively, the “Publicity Parties”) in any media, whether now known or later devised, worldwide and in perpetuity, for advertising or promotional purposes related to the Contest or any similar contest. Any such use of the Publicity Material may include the reproduction, modification, adaptation, translation or creation of derivative works from your Entry Material;
• you acknowledge that the Publicity Parties shall not be required to compensate you, notify you, or request your permission in connection with their use of any Publicity Material, unless otherwise prohibited by law; and
• you waive any rights that you may have or that may otherwise exist in connection with any use of the Publicity Material by any of the Publicity Parties, including any moral rights in any such Publicity Material.
15. HOW WILL MY PERSONAL INFORMATION BE COLLECTED, USED AND DISCLOSED?
Your personal information may be disclosed to a third party in the following circumstances:
• in accordance with these Official Rules, or with your consent, or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
• if you elect to receive Commercial Communications from a party other than PMCF, PMCF will disclose your personal information to that other party for that purpose;
• if you are a potential prize winner, PMCF may disclose your personal information to any prize supplier for purposes of prize fulfillment; and
• if you have been asked to sign and return a release of liability and consent to publicity form or other documentation in accordance with the terms of these Official Rules, PMCF may disclose your personal information to any interested party, such as an entity who is released from liability.
16. HOW DO THE RELEASEES LIMIT THEIR LIABILITY?
The Releasees assume no liability for the following:
• stolen, late, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, misdirected, lost, misrouted, scrambled, damaged, delayed, undelivered, mutilated, jumbled, or garbled entries, transmissions, email, mail, or other communications;
• any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in transmission, processing, or communication;
• failures or malfunctions of, or difficulties with, computer hardware or software, telephones, telephone lines, telephone systems, or network, cable, satellite, server, or website connections;
• printing, typographical, or other errors appearing within these Official Rules, in any Contestrelated
advertisements, or in Contest-related materials;
• incorrect or inaccurate information, including where caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated or used in connection with the Contest;
• injury or damage to any computer or other device resulting from or otherwise related to participation in the Contest, the use of any website, or the downloading or accessing of any materials;
• anyone being incorrectly or mistakenly identified as a winner or potential winner; or
• any other errors, problems or difficulties of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise, relating in any way to the Contest, including those errors, problems or difficulties that may relate to the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, the advertising of the Contest, the announcement of any prize or prize winner, or the cancellation or postponement of any event.
17. WHAT LAWS APPLY TO THE CONTEST?
The laws of the province or territory in which you reside apply to the Contest.
Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal or civil laws. Should any such attempt be made, the Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
18. CAN THE SPONSORS CANCEL OR AMEND THE CONTEST?
The Sponsors may cancel, modify, or suspend the Contest or amend these Official Rules for any reason whatsoever, subject to prior approval by the appropriate governing association, if legally required. For example, if for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, the Sponsors may adjust any of the dates, timeframes or other Contest mechanics, or suspend or cancel the Contest.
19. WOULD THE SPONSORS EVER DISQUALIFY OR BAN SOMEONE FROM A CONTEST?
The Sponsors may disqualify without notice or ban someone from the Contest or any future contest for any other reason, including if the Sponsors find that a person has:
• tampered with or attempted to tamper with, or undermined or attempted to undermine, the legitimate operation of the Contest;
• provided false or misleading information;
• acted in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any person; or
• otherwise violated these Official Rules.
20. WHAT HAPPENS IF THESE OFFICIAL RULES CONTRADICT OTHER CONTEST MATERIALS?
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between these Official Rules and disclosures or statements made by the Sponsors or appearing in other Contest-related materials, these Official Rules shall govern.
21. WHAT HAPPENS IF PART OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BECOMES UNENFORCEABLE OR DOES NOT APPLY?
If any part of these Official Rules is legally unenforceable or inapplicable, then that part will be deemed invalid; however, the remainder of these Official Rules will otherwise continue to be legally binding.